The 9 FMCG Trends of 2015 [Speed Briefing]https://i2.wp.com/brandgenetics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Product-of-the-Year-2015-winners-brands.jpg?fit=1080%2C810&ssl=1 1080 810 Paul Marsden Paul Marsden http://2.gravatar.com/avatar/e662f8f35d3fd4ee30135e2d25835256?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Last week, the winners of the 2015 Product Innovation of the Year awards were announced.
And based on an analysis of the voting patterns of the 10,000 strong consumer-jury, we’ve identified the 9 big trends shaping FMCG in 2015 and beyond.
So here’s a short presentation of the trends, along with all the winners; the winners themselves are UK innovations, but the trends identified are international in scope and relevance.
Check them out, download the deck, and use as creative stimulus and innovation planning.
- #ConvenienceRules – The mega-trend of 2015 and the future; consumers want it quicker and easier from brands that buy us time and save us effort
- #OnTheGo – A variation on the ConvenienceRules mega-trend, busy consumers look to enjoy brands on the move as they speed through our fast culture
- #HealthMatters – With the rise of health-tech and medical self-care, consumers increasingly look to products offering health benefits
- #VirtuousPleasures – As consumers become evermore health-aware, they look to switch to good-for-you indulgence
- #OwnLabelLove – Increasingly seen as offering the same quality for less, consumer love for own label options is becoming a critical issue for brands
- #MadeForMe – Consumers are looking for products specially designed to fit their own unique profiles, needs and lifestyles. One size no longer fits all
- #PremiumPull – Consumers increasingly expect a premium experience, even from mass market brands
- #FruitTastic – AAs refined sugar comes to stand for all things evil, the consumers sweet tooth is increasingly satisfied with fruit
- #TechTime – It’s tech time for FMCG as digital natives embrace and expect tech-enhanced experiences everywhere