We are looking for a creative, analytical, confident team player to work as part of our team for 3 months. In our small but agile company, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to get involved across a wide range of activities – supporting live projects, creating new content and working on your own project!
Brand Genetics is an insight and innovation agency, based in London but focused on ‘global’ work. In our everyday, we help our clients understand what people want next in order to identify new opportunities for growth.
We do this by understanding core human motivations that enable us to predict behaviour; seeing people in their ‘natural context’ reveals fresh insights that allow us to understand their goals as human beings – which ultimately helps frame new innovation opportunities.
We are ‘”start-up with 20 years experience” – curious and agile but with the foundations to delight some of the world’s largest companies – AB InBev, Estée Lauder, Kenwood, Mondelez, Muller, Reckitt Benckiser and Unilever.
Key Elements of the Role
- Project Support
- Research analysis (e.g. working through homework diaries to synthesise the learnings)
- Desk research for stimulus, trends, category background, market learnings etc
- Presentation Preparation ( drafting and editing PowerPoint presentations)
- Involvement in discussions on project / new business opportunities to help develop appropriate recommendations / proposals
- Administrative support: liaising with local market partners, writing up notes, entering expenses
- Ongoing Intelligence gathering
- Blog: writing articles for the company blog that fit with the company positioning and will be of relevance / interest to our clients
- Trends work: evolving and contributing to the Brand Genetics trends bank
- Developing new business hits: drafting market speed summaries, sourcing material to support learning lunches
- Supporting new product development: helping create new offers / new content for Brand Genetics
- Looking at specific new categories to uncover points of interest that can help Brand Genetics develop new relationships in these markets
- Internship project
- Across the term of the internship develop a report on an area of personal interest that is also relevant to Brand Genetics business
- Potential topics might be: ‘The Bar of the Future’,
- This should be a standalone piece that can be shared / published with relevant clients but which can also be shared by the intern as an example of what they can do
- Topic to be agreed with Brand Genetics Directors and regular reviews and feedback sessions planned in, with the aim being to have the report ready a week or two before the completion of the internship
- We are looking for someone who is creative, analytical and confident. You should be genuinely interested and excited by the world of consumer insight, brand strategy and innovation and be able to demonstrate this.
- Candidates should be able to align with our BG beliefs and aims:
- Be uniquely human – what makes you special is what makes us special
- Embrace being ‘comfortably uncomfortable’ – Don’t settle for the status quo – stay curious, remain restless
- Keep calm and collaborate – Teamwork makes the dreamwork!
- Fun isn’t just for Feelgood Friday – You don’t have to be serious to solve serious issues
- Make time for yourself – You can’t do a great job if your job is all you do
- You will also have:
- Writing / blogging experience – demonstrating strong writing ability (in English) through published / self-published work
- Powerpoint – the ability to create presentations / visuals that communicate data in a compelling way
- Relevant work experience – previous experience in a creative agency or consultancy is advantageous, but not essential
- Languages – fluency in languages other than English is a plus
- For our part, in addition to a basic salary (based on the London living wage), we can promise stimulating discussions, involvement in challenging client hands on learning, and a fun team environment.
- You will be up close and personal with some of the world’s biggest brands, working with an experienced senior team and getting to understand the theory and the practice of insight, innovation and marketing
- We believe the internship to be a great grounding for anyone interested in a career in the world of marketing – and for those who we feel have the potential to progress there are potential full-time opportunities with Brand Genetics
At Brand Genetics we celebrate being uniquely human as we believe different perspectives are vital for a thriving company culture and delivering great insight and innovation work for our clients. We are committed to building a diverse team and safe and inclusive work-environment that is respectful and welcoming to all
If you would like to join our team in the role of insight and innovation intern, please fill out the form linked here by 3rd of August 2018