New York | BG North America
BRAND GENETICS NORTH AMERICA: JOB DESCRIPTION
Brand Genetics is a dynamic brand growth consultancy, specializing in front-end insight, strategy and innovation. We work globally, partnering with some of the world’s most iconic brands – ABInBev, Estée Lauder, Diageo, Mondelez, PepsiCo, Reckitt Benckiser, Heinz and Unilever and more! In a world where change is a constant, we believe the best strategies are based on the things that don’t change – so we anchor our thinking in core human motivations and work to create more positive outcomes in the world around us.
We are recruiting an Associate Director to join our recently launched and growing New York-based team! Think of us as a start-up, with the support of a 25+-year-old established and successful business.
The AD role is a keystone role in the Brand Genetics structure, offering a high degree of freedom and autonomy, and the ability to impact both client work and internal growth tangibly. Taking on this role in the North American office, you will additionally have the exciting opportunity to help build, shape and expand the new office – working closely alongside the Head of North America.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated consultant, an agile thinker looking to stretch themselves in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment. You will have an outstanding track record in insight, innovation &/or strategy, have shown you can grow strong client relationships and be motivated to play an active role in helping Brand Genetics develop on a global scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business making its mark with clients around the world – working as part of a diverse, smart and highly motivated global team to challenge the status quo and deliver excellence.
As a leader in strategic thinking, you will lead the development and delivery of global brand strategy, insight and innovation projects – working collaboratively with local and global teams. A typical day / week may include:
- Architecting, designing and shaping client projects to deliver against key goals, working alongside Directors (and other team members)
- Overseeing project management – guiding the work and development of the teams, while also managing project resource and profitability
- Leading the delivery of key project milestones, working with a sharp-minded and highly motivated team to deliver engaging and impactful work
- Building strong client relationships, by consistently delivering delight, understanding when to challenge and seeing the bigger business context
- Acting as a mentor and role model to the more junior team members, helping them develop their own skills and reach their own potential
- Seeking out and driving new client relationships and business opportunities
- Playing an active role in shaping BG North America’s growth, helping to drive the development of new tools and thought leadership
Desired Qualities & Experience
This role is ideal for experienced consultants looking for the freedom and
opportunity that comes with working in an ambitious, independent and growing business. We value the power of diverse perspectives and welcome candidates from different disciplines, backgrounds, nationalities and cultural experiences.
Successful candidates are likely to be:
- Passionate about brands and skilled in research, brand strategy or innovation, with c. 6-8+ years’ experience (previous agency experience is highly desirable)
- Creative, curious and analytical – able to combine clear thinking with creative flair to help unlock new insights and opportunities
- Self-motivated and hungry to learn – with an ability to get things done and a desire to make a real impact in shaping the company as it continues to grow
- Commercially aware and have a track record of delivering projects that exceed client expectations
- A team player – excellent at communicating and building strong, effective relationships, as well as willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved
- A team leader – experienced in people management, with a desire to help build and grow a new of consultants
- Comfortable with the uncomfortable – learning and developing new skills and stretching yourself to achieve your full potential
- Legally authorized to work in the US
Added extras & ‘nice to haves’:
- Psychology, Neuroscience and/or Behavioral Science expertise – whether through education, work experience or personal passion and curiosity
- Writing / blogging experience – demonstrating strong writing ability (in English) through published / self-published work
- Excel / PowerPoint / Photoshop skills – the ability to create and present decks / visuals that communicate data / insight in a compelling way
- Established self-awareness – demonstrating understanding of your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
- Languages – fluency in languages other than English is a plus but not necessary
- Marketing and business development experience and/or interest a plus
- Dynamic and challenging environment – getting up close and personal with some of the world’s biggest brands, working with an experienced global team, senior clients, and the ability to tangibly impact a growing office
- Competitive Salary and benefits – in line with experience, and including medical insurance and 401(k)
- Annual Bonus – when able, we look to pay a year-end bonus (at Christmas) reflecting both overall company performance and personal contribution
- Holidays – 25 days (plus 1 for your birthday) in addition to US public holidays
- Training budget – a $1000 personal training budget to help you achieve your personal career goals, in addition to internal company training
- Company laptop – to be provided
- Flexible Working Policy – with regards to hours and location. We will provide access to our dynamic co-working space in Soho, with the expectation that you will work in the office 1-2 days a week (of your choosing!)
- Team socials – alongside the work, we believe having fun should be part of the deal too! We’re a close-knit global team, which means having regular socials, remote sports challenges (non-compulsory!), buddy lunches and ‘Feelgood Friday’ (in person or remote) with a fun, vibrant team
MORE ABOUT BRAND GENETICS
Brand Genetics is headquartered in central London, in the vibrant Fitzrovia neighborhood, with offices in Rio and New York and plans for further global expansion.
We believe the goal of innovation is to create more positive outcomes in the world around us. So, we champion ‘Positive Innovation’ – innovating with people’s happiness and wellbeing in mind.
Our insight-led and evidence-based understanding and application of what makes people happy – their core needs, wants, desires, and drivers – enables us to understand what people what makes people tick, what they want next and identify scalable opportunities for growth.
Brand Genetics has a unique and collaborative culture, encouraging our exciting and diverse team “to be uniquely human” by celebrating and developing their specific strengths and talents.
As part of the Brand Genetics North America team, you will contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one. We maintain a strong start-up mentality, valuing agility, autonomy, and a constant and curious quest for the new. Our cheesy but true short-hand for the BG DNA is smart, heart and a lot of self-start.
We are committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives – and are empowered to progress through clear development structure and support. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.