London | Global HQ
Brand Genetics Job Description
Brand Genetics is a dynamic global insight and innovation consultancy that believes in the power of human-first thinking and innovation to create more positive outcomes in the world around us.
We are recruiting for an Associate Director to join our diverse and vibrant London based team. This is a keystone role in the Brand Genetics structure, offering a high degree of freedom and autonomy, and integral involvement in leading, executing and delivering global insight, innovation and strategy projects. Associate Director’s also play an active role in helping shape and develop the company’s growth, building on our collaborative and inclusive company culture, and looking for ways to help us develop in a positive and human-centric way.
We are looking for experienced and self-motivated consultants, who are agile thinkers and want to stretch themselves in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment. You will have an outstanding track record in insight, innovation &/or strategy, have shown you can grow strong client relationships and be motivated by playing an active role in helping Brand Genetics develop on a global scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business making its mark with clients around the world – working as part of a diverse, smart and highly motivated team to challenge the status quo and deliver excellence.
As a leader in strategic thinking, you will lead the development and delivery of global brand strategy, insight and innovation projects – working collaboratively with the internal team and clients.
- Working alongside Directors (and other team members) to architect, design and shape client projects to deliver against key goals
- Working with a sharp-minded and highly motivated team, you will lead the delivery of key project content (insights, presentations, workshops, debriefs).
- Tackling client challenges, delivering engaging and impactful work (insights, workshops, presentations) and taking a lead role in managing project teams
- Managing projects – guiding the work and development of the teams, while also managing project resource and profitability
- Building strong client relationships by consistently delivering delight, understanding when to challenge and seeing the bigger business context
- Acting as a mentor and role model to the more junior team members, helping them develop their own skills and reach their own potential
- Seeking out and driving new client relationships and business opportunities
- Playing an active role in helping shape the company’s growth, including helping to drive the development of new Brand Genetics products (e.g. new offers, tools, & techniques)
Desired Skills & Experience
These roles are ideal for experienced consultants now looking for the freedom and opportunity that comes with working in an ambitious and independent business. We value the power of diverse perspectives that comes from different disciplines, backgrounds, nationalities and cultural experiences.
Successful candidates are likely to:
- have c. 5 to 8 years’ experience either agency-side or in a global client-side insight, brand or innovation role (previous agency experience is highly desirable)
- have strong skills in research, brand strategy / planning or innovation – and a passion for brands
- combine clear thinking with creative flair and imagination to help unlock new insights and opportunities
- be self-motivated, proactive and willing to take the initiative – with an ability to overcome challenges
- be commercially aware and have a track record of delivering projects that exceed client expectations
- be a clear and empathetic communicator – able to build positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and partners
- be curious – about new ideas, new challenges and new cultures
- enjoy global work and travel (speaking multiple languages would be a welcome bonus)
- want to take their careers to the next level and make a real impact in shaping the company as it continues to grow
- be willing to be ‘comfortably uncomfortable’ – learning and developing new skills and stretching yourself to achieve your full potential
- Salary Level – Competitive starting salary
- Annual Bonus – We look to pay a bonus (at Christmas) reflecting both overall company performance and personal contribution
- Phone allowance – to help cover the cost of your mobile phone contract
- Pension – Company contribution of 3% of salary
- Holidays – 25 days (plus 1 for your birthday) in addition to UK public holidays
- Private Health Care – Enrolment in the company healthcare scheme (currently with Vitality)
- Travel Insurance – Enrolment in the company travel insurance policy (NB this also covers personal travel)
- Training – a £750 training budget to invest in external training that helps you achieve your personal career goals, in addition to company training
- Company Social Events – A Christmas party (in January!), summer party & other regular company social events
- ‘Feelgood Friday’ – relaxed drinks, snacks and general spreading of office cheer every Friday afternoon when we are able to be in the office – and regular on and off line social events throughout the year
- Flexible working – Our team have autonomy to decide where they work best so can flex home and office working to the needs of their projects, teams and personal preference (government restrictions allowing)
About Brand Genetics
Brand Genetics is a global human-first insight and innovation consultancy, that works with leading brands – including ABInBev, Britvic, Estée Lauder, Mondelez, PepsiCo, Reckitt and Unilever.
Our deep, evidence-based understanding of what drives human behaviour – the core needs, wants, desires, and motivations – enables us to understand what people want next and identify scalable opportunities for growth.
We believe the ultimate goal of innovation is to create more positive outcomes in the world around us. So we champion ‘Positive Innovation’ – innovating with people’s happiness and wellbeing in mind – with all our clients.
We are headquartered in central London, in the vibrant Fitzrovia neighbourhood, with an office in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and New York, USA. We are committed to flexible working practices. Out of office working is an established part of our ways of working and will continue to be so post COVID.
Brand Genetics has a unique and collaborative culture, encouraging our diverse team “to be uniquely human” by celebrating and developing their specific strengths and talents. Even after 20 years, we maintain a strong start-up mentality, valuing agility, autonomy and a constant and curious quest for the new.