Rio de Janeiro | Latin America
Brand Genetics is a dynamic global insight and innovation consultancy that believes in the power of human-first thinking and innovation to create more positive outcomes in the world around us.
We are recruiting for Consultants to join our growing Rio de Janeiro based team. Consultants are a key part of the successful delivery of our global insight, innovation and strategy projects and the success of the Brand Genetics business. As such, they are involved in the delivery of project working both in client-facing roles and behind the scenes. We believe in helping people grow – moving them from “good” to “great” – so we work with our Consultants’ talent and existing skills to enable them to increasingly contribute and deliver across all the different elements of the team’s work, including project management, client liaison, research and innovation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business making its mark with clients around the world – working as part of a diverse, smart and highly motivated team to challenge the status quo and deliver excellence.
We are looking for experienced and self-motivated consultants, who are agile thinkers and want to stretch themselves in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment. This position is for working in both global and Latam based projects. As such, it requires feeling comfortable and being capable of working and communicating daily in English with the global team and clients (consider 80% of your work will be in English). Key components of the role include:
- PROJECT DELIVERY AND BUILDING CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS (about 70% of your time)
- Day-to-day project involvement and support: Working closely with the senior team in the delivery of project work. This will range across proposal development, conducting consumer and expert interviews, moderating groups, attending fieldwork, analysing research, helping design and facilitate workshops
- Manage project logistics: Setting up workshops, face to face and on-line qualitative research (BR and global), booking venues, liaising with recruiters, managing partners and suppliers
- Help create client facing content: Contributing to content and design of presentations, blogs, podcasts etc in collaboration with the team
- Delivering results in an impactful and engaging way (in both English and Portuguese) to ensure work is embedded with client teams in a way that can be most useful and actionable
- Where appropriate start to establish / build client relationships, both on and beyond immediate projects. Developing client contacts, both on projects and outside of direct project work
Alongside active project work, there will also be involvement in new business. This is likely to be about 20% of your time:
- NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT (20%)
- Support in the development of new business proposals. This would include contributing to brainstorms, desk research, gathering costings and liaising with our research partners around the world
- Support and develop new business materials. Contribute to think pieces and write up project case studies
- Help generate and translate marketing content. Our consultants regularly create blog pieces for our HX (human experience) blog and/or translate/adapt to Portuguese and Spanish
- Support senior team in BG new product development (eg. new offers & tools)
- Stay up to date with trends and innovations to help BG stay informed and identify new opportunities
Consultants will also be involved in the strategic and commercial development of the business, contributing to the development of new methodologies and approaches, and the continued growth of the company and the Brand Genetics brand.
- HELPING DRIVE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COMPANY (10%)
- BG is an entrepreneurial business with a flat structure: we believe everyone has a role in helping to develop the business at both an intellectual and a practical level
- We encourage everyone to contribute to the enhancement of BG through the development of innovative processes and tools that can help us deliver better work, more efficiently or more creatively, and help differentiate us from competition
- Internally, we expect all the team to work together collaboratively, to help develop one another and to create an inspiring and enjoyable place to work
Desired Skills & Experience
This role is ideal for consultants looking for the freedom and opportunity that comes with working in an ambitious and growing independent business. We value the power of diverse perspectives that comes from different disciplines, backgrounds, nationalities, and cultural experiences.
Successful candidates are likely to:
- have c. 1-2 years’ experience ideally either agency-side or in a client-side insight, brand or innovation role (previous agency experience is highly desirable)
- have a basic grounding in research, brand strategy / planning or innovation – and a passion for brands and innovation
- be capable of working in Portuguese and English (including participating in meetings, writing reports & presenting to clients) – speaking other languages (e.g., Spanish) would be a welcome bonus
- combine clear thinking with creative flair and imagination to help unlock new insights and opportunities
- be self-motivated, proactive and willing to take the initiative – with an ability to overcome challenges
- be a clear and empathetic communicator – able to build positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and partners
- be curious – about new ideas, new challenges and new cultures
- enjoy global work and travel
- want to take their careers to the next level
- be willing to be ‘comfortably uncomfortable’ – learning and developing new skills and stretching yourself to achieve your full potential
- Salary Level – competitive starting salary in line with experience
- Annual Bonus – we look to pay a bonus (at Christmas) reflecting both overall company performance and personal contribution
- Holidays – 25 days (plus 1 for your birthday) in addition to BR public holidays
- Training – a £750 (around R$4,500) personal training budget to invest in external training that helps you achieve your personal career goals, in addition to company training
- Phone Allowance – to help cover the cost of your mobile phone contract
- Flexible Working Policy – with regards to working times and locations (we are currently working in a remote model, but moving into a hybrid model with the expectation that you will work in the Rio de Janeiro office around 3 days a week)
The process of application:
If you feel this position is ideal for you, please tell us a bit more about yourself by answering the questions and attaching your CV in the forms linked below. We’ll then get in contact with the candidates who better fit the profile for the position to set conversations with the team.
About Brand Genetics
Brand Genetics is a global human-first insight and innovation consultancy, that works with leading brands – including ABInBev, Britvic, Estée Lauder, Mondelez, PepsiCo, Reckitt Benckiser and Unilever.
Our deep, evidence-based understanding of what drives human behaviour – the core needs, wants, desires, and motivations – enables us to understand what people want next and identify scalable opportunities for growth.
We believe the ultimate goal of innovation is to create more positive outcomes in the world around us. So we champion ‘Positive Innovation’ – innovating with people’s happiness and wellbeing in mind – with all our clients.
We are headquartered in central London, in the vibrant Fitzrovia neighbourhood, with an office in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and New York, USA.
Brand Genetics has a unique and collaborative culture, encouraging our diverse team “to be uniquely human” by celebrating and developing their specific strengths and talents. Even after 20 years, we maintain a strong start-up mentality, valuing agility, autonomy and a constant and curious quest for the new.