London | Global HQ
Brand Genetics Job Description
Brand Genetics is a dynamic global insight and innovation consultancy that believes in the power of human-first thinking and innovation to create more positive outcomes in the world around us.
We are recruiting for a Senior Consultant to join our diverse and vibrant London based team. This is a keystone role in the Brand Genetics structure, offering a high degree of freedom and autonomy, and integral involvement in managing, executing and delivering global insight, innovation and strategy projects. Senior Consultants also play an active role in contributing to the development of the company’s growth and building on our collaborative and inclusive company culture
We are looking for experienced and self-motivated consultants, who are agile thinkers and want to stretch themselves in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment. You will have experience in insight, innovation &/or strategy, have shown you have excellent account and client management credentials, strong research management skills (including development of core research materials) and are motivated by playing an active role in helping Brand Genetics develop on a global scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business making its mark with clients around the world – working as part of a diverse, smart and highly motivated team to challenge the status quo and deliver excellence.
As the driver of internal project processes and timelines, you will lead smaller projects and contribute to the development and delivery of larger global brand strategy, insight and innovation projects – working collaboratively with the internal team and clients.
- You will be a valuable part of a sharp minded and supportive project team, tackling client challenges and delivering engaging and impactful work (insights, workshops, presentations):
- Leading delivery of seamless project management taking responsibility for planning the overall shape and managing project logistics:
- Planning & directing the research process across fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- You will lead and contribute to the delivery of key project content size dependent – which are likely to encompass a range of outputs eg insights, presentations, workshops, debriefs.
- Building strong client relationships by consistently delivering delight through excellent project management, your understanding of the consumer perspective and your contribution to strategic thinking
- Supporting Brand Genetics business development and growth, including helping to drive new Brand Genetics products (e.g. new offers, tools, & techniques) and contribution to new business proposals
Desired Skills & Experience:
This role is ideal for experienced consultants now looking for the freedom and opportunity that comes with working in an ambitious and independent business. We value the power of diverse perspectives that comes from different disciplines, backgrounds, nationalities and cultural experiences. We also advocate promoting from within and providing support and opportunity to develop your skills and expertise to progress your career. As an example of this – our first intern now heads up our Brazil office.
Successful candidates are likely to:
- have c. 2 – 5 years’ experience either agency-side or in a global client-side insight, brand or innovation role (previous agency experience is highly desirable)
- have strong foundational skills in research, brand strategy / planning or innovation – and a passion for brands
- combine clear thinking with creative flair and imagination to help unlock new insights and opportunities
- be self-motivated, proactive and willing to take the initiative – with an ability to overcome challenges
- be a clear and empathetic communicator – able to build positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and partners
- be curious – about new ideas, new challenges and new cultures • enjoy global work and travel (speaking multiple languages would be a welcome bonus)
- want to take their careers to the next level and make a real impact in shaping the company as it continues to grow
- be willing to be ‘comfortably uncomfortable’ – learning and developing new skills and stretching yourself to achieve your full potential
- embracing our ‘smart, heart and self-start’ ethos
- Salary Level – Competitive starting salary
- Annual Bonus – We look to pay a bonus (at Christmas) reflecting both
overall company performance and personal contribution
- Phone allowance – to help cover the cost of your mobile phone contract
- Pension – Company contribution of 3% of salary
- Holidays – 25 days (plus 1 for your birthday) in addition to UK public holidays
- Private Health Care – Enrolment in the company healthcare scheme (currently with Vitality)
- Travel Insurance – Enrolment in the company travel insurance policy (NB this also covers personal travel)
- Training – a £750 training budget to invest in external training that helps you achieve your personal career goals, in addition to company training
- Company Social Events – A Christmas party (in January!), summer party & other regular company social events
- ‘Feelgood Friday’ – relaxed drinks, snacks and general spreading of office cheer every Friday afternoon
About Brand Genetics:
Brand Genetics is a global human-first insight and innovation consultancy, that works with leading brands – including ABInBev, Britvic, Estée Lauder, Mondelez, PepsiCo, Reckitt and Unilever.
Our deep, evidence-based understanding of what drives human behaviour – the core needs, wants, desires, and motivations – enables us to understand what people want next and identify scalable opportunities for growth.
We believe the ultimate goal of innovation is to create more positive outcomes in the world around us. So we champion ‘Positive Innovation’ – innovating with people’s happiness and wellbeing in mind – with all our clients.
We are headquartered in central London, in the vibrant Fitzrovia neighbourhood, with an office in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and our North America office is opening its doors in 2022. We are committed to flexible working practices.
Out of office working is an established part of our ways of working and will continue to be so post COVID – we are taking a hybrid working approach of working from home and in the office.
Brand Genetics has a unique and collaborative culture, encouraging our diverse team “to be uniquely human” by celebrating and developing their specific strengths and talents. Even after 20 years, we maintain a strong start-up mentality, valuing agility, autonomy and a constant and curious quest for the new.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org