Who are we?
We are Brand Genetics. Our contact and other details are set out at the end of this policy. We are the processor in relation to the personal data processed in accordance with this policy (except where this policy explains otherwise).
Brand Genetics is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may process personal data relating to you if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You are one of our customers, or you work for one of our customers
- You use our products or services (including any of our websites)
We may collect the following information during any registration to our newsletter which you will be aware of as you optionally fill in the forms.
- Your personal details
- Your name
- Your job function or department
- Your contact details, such as address, phone number, mobile number and email address
- Information we obtain from communications with you
- Information about you via various communication channels such as phone, e-mail, via our website, via social media.
- Information you give us or that we obtain when you use our website, obtain or subscribe to our products or services, supply us with products or services, enquire about a product or service, place an order, or contact us to report a problem, or do any of these things on behalf of the person that you work for.
- Information we obtain when you use our website:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We will send you our newsletter as per the preferences you submit
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, events, publications and other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Anything we send you will be related to Brand Genetics. We won’t send you anything from third parties or sell, pass on or give up your information to them either
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing to our newsletter at the bottom of the mail you receive
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties we are required by law to do so.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may where appropriate share your personal data with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries
- Appropriate third parties including:
- Our business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into or other dealings we have in the normal course of business with you or the person that you work for;
- Our auditors, legal advisors and other professional advisors or service providers;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy.
When else might we disclose your details?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
What are the legal basis for our processing of your personal data?
- Either by consent – where it is required to have this, we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned (in relation to any processing we are carrying out with your consent, see below for how to withdraw your consent).
- For the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into such a contract;
- For legal obligation compliance or
- For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or another person, provided that this will only be in circumstances in which these interests aren’t overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to personal data
Where do we process personal data?
We generally store and process your data within the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is not the case, for some support services or by staff situated outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that it is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as relying on a recognised legal adequacy mechanism.
How long do we process personal data for?
We process personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, after which it will be deleted or archived unless we need to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All data is stored using Dropbox, with encrypted passwords and limited user access.
All passwords used are complex and changed every 60 days across devices
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information – your rights
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you – contact details are at the end of this policy.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- In certain circumstances (normally where it is no longer necessary for us to continue to process it), you may be entitled to request that we erase the personal data concerned.
- Where we are processing your personal data for marketing purposes or otherwise based on our legitimate interests, you may in certain circumstances have a right to object to that processing. If you wish to object to any relevant processing, you can contact us in order to do so.
- Where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis of your prior consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent, after which we shall stop the processing concerned.
If you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us, you can contact us or lodge a formal complaint with the Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Our contact details:
- You can contact us via our Data Protection Officer for all enquiries via: email@example.com
Alternatively, our address is: Brand Genetics, 24 Fitzroy Square, London, W1T6EP
Date of this policy June 2022
Brand Genetics may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. The current date of this policy is effective from