2019 – Brand Genetics scales new heights!
As we sign-off 2019, concluding another year, and also a decade, it’s both exciting and also rewarding to be celebrating a +25% growth performance, achieving the highest turnover in our company’s history!
It’s been quite a year, and the highlights have been many and varied:
• We worked across 24 different countries, ranging from Japan, Colombia, Vietnam and Mexico, through South Africa, Canada and Australia – plus Russia, India and China, alongside a lot of Europe
• We continued to build our LatAm office and presence, while consolidating our base in North America as well
• We worked in sectors spanning alcohol, beverages, beauty, food, homecare, healthcare, digital and communications, for some fantastic clients including ABInBev, Britvic, Diageo, Electrolux, Estee Lauder, Mondelez, Panasonic, PepsiCo, Reckitt Benckiser and Unilever
• We pioneered new methodologies, including Consumer Closeness, Agile Innovation, Empathy Insight and Kids Nurture, alongside our Co-Creation, Northstar Strategy and Start-Up Insight pieces, all underpinned by our Psychology and Behavioural Science focus
• We chaired the Global Innovation Forum in London for the 7th time, bringing together innovators from across the world to help create the future
• We consolidated our human-centred positioning, “unlocking growth by thinking human-first”, introducing a new DNA-inspired logo and company rebrand
• We gained not just one but two office dogs, Finn in London and Panda in LatAm!
• And we remain proudly independent, meaning we can deliver the best possible service to our clients
But what gives me the most pleasure is the calibre of the diverse team we are building at Brand Genetics. Our people were born in 7 different countries, they speak 14 different languages, and have lived in 25 different countries – all helping to give us a global cultural understanding. We champion a culture that encourages everyone to “be uniquely human”, and Brand Genetics people tend to be “smart, with heart, and a touch of the self-start.” Our people are passionate about what they do, and they care about the quality of work we deliver. But importantly they also care about one another, working in a high-trust culture that values respect, openness and honesty.
We still have lots to do to achieve our ambitions, and many areas to develop, challenge and improve ourselves. But we’re proud of the year we’ve had – and we’re excited and future-focused for the next decade too. With very many thanks to everyone we have worked with during 2019, all best wishes for a great break over the holidays – and for a happy, health and successful 2020 too!